Welcome to the first social writing competition dedicated exclusively to Speculative Fiction (Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror). Here, authors have a chance to win cash, fame, and envy (readers have a chance at some nifty prizes, too).
Here’s how it works:
- Each month from March through December a new theme will be announced first at our podcast [view in itunes] and then posted here a few days later
- Authors then submit short stories (max 1,000 words) that tie into the theme for that month
- Readers review stories, and vote them up or down (each reviewer who votes and comments on 4+ stories will be entered to win a swell prize)
- A winner will be announced for each month (and receive a prize that is both swell and nifty)
- Each monthly winner will automatically be entered as a finalist for the annual grand prize
- A panel of professional judges will select one winner from the 10 finalists to receive the $1,000 Grand Prize